A Note from the PRISMS Executive Director and Board of Directors
To our PRISMS Community,
We know that the PRISMS International Conference is an event that many of you look forward to when it comes around every two years. For that reason, it is our top priority to make sure that each and every conference is the best that it can be.
The COVID-19 pandemic is of serious concern to our community and to our conference planning. We know that this disease is very likely to affect your decision to attend the conference, and potentially our ability to hold the conference at all, depending upon the course of the outbreak. We are doing our best to make the most informed decision that we can regarding this year’s conference – we know that this event is important to you and do not take any decision about the conference lightly. We will let you all know when an official decision is reached. In the meantime, please stay safe and stay healthy!
Please Save the Date for PRISMS 11th International Conference: "PRISMS 2020. Envisioning the Possibilities."
Date: July 30, 2020 – August 1, 2020
Location: Dallas, TX
Hotel: Hyatt Regency Dallas
Hotel guest room rate: $149/night – book your rooms here.
Local attractions & fun things to do: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/texas/hyatt-regency-dallas/dfwrd/area-attractions
Registration for the conference will open in Spring 2020.
Conference registration costs: (more details available here)
- Adult $260.00
- Child $100.00
- Individual with SMS $75.00
- Professional $315.00
Scholarships will be available for conference attendees (first time attendees will have preference). More information is available here.
- Five meals (hors d’oeuvre Thursday evening, breakfast & lunch both Friday and Saturday)
- Five snack/beverage breaks
- Attendance to a Welcome Reception (Thursday evening)
- Access to more than 40 sessions lead by experts from around the world in areas ranging from genetics, sleep, behavior, sibling relationships, weight management, adult residential services, and more…
- Access to Curbside Consults, an opportunity to meet in small groups with experts on a variety of topics
- PRISMS 11th International SMS Conference tote
- Complete 2020 International SMS Conference information binder with session outlines, speaker bios and resources related to products and services used by the SMS community.
Please check back regularly for more details. We hope you will join us at the conference!
The goals of the conference include:
- To understand the medical, social, developmental and behavioral aspects of SMS.
- To gain knowledge about the most recent advances in diagnosis, management and potential benefits to persons with SMS.
- To develop intervention strategies, treatment and management plans for persons with SMS.
- To recognize the psychosocial aspects impacting SMS families and the role of PRISMS as a network.
- To learn about SMS, past, present and future. And, most importantly, to share information and tips with other families.
WE BELIEVE THE CONFERENCE SHOULD BE ACCESSIBLE...
Along with subsidizing almost 400 attendee registration costs, PRISMS provides scholarship opportunities to cover additional conference costs for families, educators, and researchers – ranging from registration, to hotel accommodations, to travel.
We believe the conference should be accessible to all, and we are determined to keep costs of attendance for the SMS community low. PRISMS accomplishes this by providing scholarship opportunities to cover conference costs for families and professionals and heavily subsidizing the true cost to all of our attendees. The true cost per person at our international conference is approximately $760. PRISMS subsidizes roughly $500 per registrant, leaving attendees to cover just 30% of each individual cost to attend.
And we are committed to organizing and hosting a high-quality conference full of content that is relevant and empowering for all attendees.
Together through education, awareness, and research, we are all strong.
At the 2018 International SMS Conference, PRISMS celebrated the 10th conference on SMS and also 25 years of leadership and a future of hope for the global SMS community.
We are honored to share highlights of our 25 years through our 25th Anniversary video. Take a look!
The conference opened with an #IAm Campaign Celebration highlighting the many talents, passions, and characteristics across our vibrant community! Individuals with SMS, Zach Kon, Jeremy Bolt, Julia Cooney, and Cora Faistenhammer joined their families to share their #IAm statements. You can view the #IAm Official Video showcased at the conference here.