PRISMS 2024 11th SMS Research Symposium
July 10 – July 11, 2024
The only event of its kind focused on current research related to Smith-Magenis Syndrome
Join us in Dallas or Virtually for the 11th SMS Research Symposium!
PRISMS is proud to host the 11th Smith-Magenis Syndrome Research Symposium. This event is the only event of its kind for researchers interested in Smith-Magenis syndrome to come together and share the latest in SMS research and work collectively to continue this research and broaden the understanding of this syndrome.
We invite researchers to present the latest findings of their work on Smith-Magenis syndrome and compare notes with colleagues from around the globe. This research meeting seeks contributors who are actively participating in research related to SMS with recently published or ongoing studies with interim results.
Please join us July 10 – July 11, 2024, for the 11th SMS Research Symposium at the Hyatt Regency Dallas, Texas
Registration (coming soon)
Scholarship Funding Application (graduate students) (coming soon)
Goals of the 11th SMS Research Symposium:
- Create open communication of early, unpublished scientific data, accelerating the pace of research
- Further research by building productive collaborations—including cross-disciplinary dialogue, partnerships, integration of researchers new to SMS but with interest in specific facets of the syndrome
- Provide educational opportunities for junior researchers to acknowledge Smith-Magenis Syndrome and the array of research potential in the field
- Capture information on current and active research initiatives related to Smith-Magenis Syndrome for public awareness and education
Registration will open this Spring.
Registration fee: $100 for the research professional community and $50 for graduate students/professionals in training.
Call for Abstracts
Online submission of abstracts is now available through March 15, 2024.
Learn more about the requirements for submitting an abstract here
- If your abstract is accepted to present at the symposium, you will be required to prepare a layperson version of the abstract so that information can be presented to the general SMS community
- The Research Symposium will be hybrid permitting both virtual and in-person attendance
- All presentations will be live in-person or via Zoom. Poster presentations must be done in person.
- No recorded presentations will be allowed
Graduate Student Scholarships
We are offering a limited number of scholarships to graduate-level students. To apply for scholarship funding, go to the Scholarship Application page to submit your application. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 10-11, 2024
Hyatt Regency Dallas – Cotton Bowl Room
300 Reunion Blvd
Hyatt Regency Dallas will host the symposium and the hotel accommodations.
Group rate: $163/night for a standard guest room.
Reservations must be made by June 11, to receive the group rate and space is limited.
To book your room: Hyatt Regency Dallas
All attendees are required to make their own hotel arrangements. To make a reservation and receive our discounted hotel rate (based on availability), please call 1-800-228-9290 or click on the link above and mention PRISMS or group code G-PR23.
All hotel reservations for this symposium should be booked directly with the hotel.
Wednesday, July 10, 2024
Lunch, and a light snack will be provided*
|SMS Research Symposium Sessions
|1pm – 5pm
|Networking & Hors D’oeuvres
|6pm – 8pm
Thursday, July 11, 2024
Breakfast, and a light snack will be provided*
|SMS Research Symposium Sessions
|8am – 12pm
*Note: please alert PRISMS staff to any special dietary restrictions in your registration.