Become a Member
Join the SMS Community
New PRISMS members become part of a rapidly growing globally engaged organization with proactive members who share the same mission: "to provide information and support to SMS families, sponsoring research and fostering partnerships to raise awareness and understanding of SMS."
Membership dues are a critical part of funding PRISMS programs and services to support our community. As a nonprofit organization, we depend on the kind support of members and donors to continue to provide and improve all of the many valuable services and information to empower our community.
Membership is open to all interested in supporting and engaging with the SMS community. Our membership includes parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, educators, researchers, therapists, advocates and more! PRISMS membership is for the calendar year January-December.
6 Reasons Why It’s Important to Become a PRISMS Member
Meet new families that are just like you
- Your Regional Representative will help you get in contact with other families in your area. He or she will also answer any questions you may have, and offer guidance and support.
- Many regions have informal family gatherings throughout the year. If we don't know who you are or how to contact you, you'll miss out on an important opportunity to find support and meet others in your unique situation.
Access to the International SMS Conference
- As a member, you'll receive regular updates on the PRISMS International "Building Bridges of Hope" Conference directly to your email and a decreased registration fee for the event.
Foster research and scientific awareness
- Becoming a member is critical to furthering research. Our membership list provides us with the latest number of cases of Smith-Magenis Syndrome. That number will give us an opportunity to accelerate research initiatives into Smith-Magenis Syndrome.
- As the go-to source of information about SMS for the scientific community, an updated membership list helps us to direct researchers to families interested in propelling research forward.
- With membership you gain access to research updates sent directly to your email, including information on the latest in SMS research following each SMS Research Symposium.
Make an impact on issues important to you
- Having a clear picture of how many families are affected by SMS will help us to raise awareness of SMS and its related conditions among national and local lawmakers, federal agencies, and other non-profits in the special needs community.
- There's strength in numbers. It's important that we’re able to show the impact of our community.
- An updated membership number will help us to gain support from additional donors and funders.
Join a growing international community
- We encourage families, researchers, and educators around the world to become part of our organization. Membership is open to everyone.
- PRISMS has members from more than 8 countries.
Stay in touch with PRISMS
- As a member you will receive quarterly Spectrum Journals via email with the latest news about families, research, and the organization.
- You'll also get the latest news and information from PRISMS emailed to you about critical topics such as our international conference, research studies or updates on key developments that affect your family.
Won’t you become a member today? We look forward to getting to know you and your family!